The Bigger Things

It's easy to notice small results when you begin a new fitness regime. The things you didn't even realize were a problem magically begin to ebb within a few short weeks: the shortness of breath, the lack of muscle definition, the morning grogginess. But it's the bigger things - the things you see plastered everywhere in the fitness world to motivate people to get moving in the first place - that take time.

A friend of mine posted a recent photo of me this morning and it hit me. I had gotten to the "bigger things" part of my weight loss journey. And let me rephrase that last bit - it should really be called "my new lifestyle." Weight loss is definitely a priority, but I'm all about the long haul. Once you reach your goal weight, you have to keep going. You have to keep living that lifestyle or else it's just a diet. A fad. That short time in your life where you looked damn good and then got right back to where you were.

So here it is - my "aha" moment. I placed a photo of me during the same time last here for the full effect. I hadn't started my new routine that long ago but this was definitely my heaviest time. 


Also note that this photo says "Current." I'm not there yet, but I'm getting there. As with everything, you take it one day at a time and stay committed.

What steps are you taking to get to the bigger things?

No comments:

Post a Comment