Healthy Takeout Alternatives




When we focus on eating clean and staying on track with our diets, the furthest thing from our brain is eating out and fast food.

While we all know that this is the best scenario, life always seems to have another thing coming! Whether it's a weekend home for the holidays or an impromptu girls' night out, there are times when grabbing a bite to eat is inevitable.

Chinese food is something that I always take advantage of when I'm in town visiting family, because the selection and quality is poor in Savannah.

Usually, I get the sesame chicken with fried rice, and sometimes (when I'm feeling extra feisty), some lo mien on the side. This is of course accompanied by an egg roll (or two) and a heaping supply of duck sauce.

Sesame Chicken over Rice with Fried Egg Roll - 900+ calories


I was lucky if a piece of broccoli happened to spring onto my plate by accident.

Since starting coaching and making a commitment to eating healthier, I still could not say no to some quality Chinese food, but my takeout order has been altered quite a bit.

Observe what I ordered today instead of the usual "fried carbs with a side of high sodium sauce" combo:

Shrimp with Broccoli over Rice - 498 calories


AND I only ate half :)

Now, don't be fooled. This did of course come with a side of yellow rice, but only because I forgot to swap it out for brown!

All in all, I'd say I did pretty good. Life is short, so I truly believe in treating yourself! Just not going so overboard that you regret your decisions a day later ;)



What is your favorite fast food or takeout meal that you keep into your diet plan?

No comments:

Post a Comment